Northern Ireland is an important beef and sheepmeat producer. LMC has worked with CCEA to ensure that the Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured logo is part of the GCSE Food and Nutrition and A-Level, Nutrition and Food Science specifications.
The provision of secondary school cookery demonstrations in Home Economics classes is a key element of LMC’s overall education strategy. LMC support our stakeholders’ marketing activities through our education programme by reaching out to:
- NI Home Economics Teachers
- Pupils aged 11 to 18
- General consumers
LMC has been conducting beef and lamb cookery demonstrations in post primary schools throughout Northern Ireland since 1999. LMC delivered 329 school cookery demonstrations in the 2016/2017 academic year.
Our educational programme:
- explains the nutritional value of Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured beef and lamb in a balanced diet
- highlights the versatility of NIFQA beef and lamb in quick, simple and cost effective recipes
- aims to continue to educate pupils on the merits of NIFQA beef and lamb, explaining the importance of provenance and traceability
- supports the GCSE Food and Nutrition curriculum
- supports the A-level Nutrition and Food Science curriculum
- supports NI HE teachers as major ‘influencers’ of young people
Log on to LMC’s interactive nutritional website – www.food4life.org.uk – which supports teachers and pupils at both Key Stage 3 Key Stage 4 and A-Level