Why join FQAS?
- To widen the marketplace for producers e.g. more and more retailers in both domestic and international markets now require Farm Quality Assured beef and lamb
- Cost benefits associated with presenting FQA cattle/sheep for slaughter. Over the last 12 months FQA Cattle have typically received around £40 more per head, FQA Sheep have typically received £1 more per head than non-quality assured stock in the marketplace
- Approved members of FQAS are eligible to use the FQAS logo when marketing product
- FQAS is a recognised equivalent scheme to Red Tractor and many retailers which use the Red Tractor Logo to market their meat can be readily accessed by NI beef and lamb as a result of this equivalence
- Provides best practice standards for husbandry, welfare, nutrition and environment. This helps to assist farmers with better record keeping and traceability of inputs
- Helps to prepare for cross-compliance visits
- Membership reduces likelihood of selection for statutory inspections in GAEC (Good Agricultural and Environmental Condition) and Food and Feed Law
- We have a dedicated Farm Liaison Service
- Gives customers assurances about the source of the product and the standards under which the animals have been raised
- The scheme is represented by all areas of the industry – members of UFU, NIMEA, NBA, NSA, DARD and LMC all form part of the FQAS Board and Standard Setting Committee
- Competitive membership fees in comparison with other schemes in GB.
How to Join
1. To obtain an application pack (consisting of an application form, Product Standard, Rules of Scheme and inspection checkist) call FQAS Helpline on (028) 9263 3024 or NIFCC (028) 9263 3017.
2. Submit application form and pay relevant membership fee. NIFCC will then complete some initial checks on farm. Once these checks are complete, NIFCC will be in contact to organise a date and time for a farm inspection which suits both parties.
FQA Helpline: (028) 9263 3024